Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Golden Birthday

 Our first birthday celebrating with Harper,  I made cinnamon rolls & only put 1 candle for fear of burning the house down.  I asked Neil to get some candles at the store & he came home with "trick" candles on accident...yeah right.
 Bria is helping her little sis blow out the candle.

 Wow,  I blew it out all by myself....OH it lit up again!
 This is so cool

Finally, I blew it out!


On October 2, Harper celebrated her 2nd birthday, also known as her "Golden Birthday". 
The Chinese Zodiac names 2008 as the year of the Rat.
" Occupying the 1st and most prominent position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming but they have a tendency to become aggressive."

As Harper's personality evolves, we'll see if she carries any of these traits.

As we celebrate Harper's new life in the United States, I can't help but have a heavy heart for her birth mother & foster mother.  I wonder what they are feeling & thinking on this day.   I know they both loved her dearly & I wish I could let them know that Harper is a beautiful, smart, inquisitive child & loved very much.  She's brought so much joy in our life & we feel honored & lucky to be her parents.
I ask to pray for Harper's "other" mothers", the women I am thankful for. With out these women, Harper would not be here with us & be the amazing little person she is!

1 comment: