Friday, June 25, 2010

I 800 Approval

Just got off the phone with USCIS (immigration services) & our I800 application was approved 2 hours ago!!! Another semi-major step in this process.
These next steps are a bit confusing for me, but I'm learning as we go.

From here, our approval notice is mailed to the NVC (natl visa center) in Washington, DC. A copy will also be sent to us. They should receive it by Monday or Tuesday.
The NVC will cable the approval to the Consulate in Guangzhou, China. The next step is waiting for the Article 5.
Basically, the Article 5 signifies that the US Consulate agrees that the child you are seeking to adopt qualifies as an "orphan" under the Hague Convention and is therefore legally free to be adopted internationally.

Then, we wait for the travel invitation.

Here's a photo just for fun :) Our family of three, taken on Bria's 12th birthday last August.



I'm currently without a camera, ours crapped out a few months ago. I ordered a new one, so I'll have newer pictures in the next few weeks.

Bria is taller than me now & very proud of it, she's probably about 5'4, lean & tall, will be just like Aunt Manda!

No comments:

Post a Comment