Friday, June 11, 2010

Golden LOA




Here's what the LOA looks like. It basically says in Chinese & English that we are officially approved to adopt Dang Yanyang.

We had to sign the original, make a copy of it & send the copy to USCIS, & the original to BAAS along with other documents.
Of course, it's always a "hurry up & send" moment & then back into another line.
After signing the documents, time to Fedex them. I was sure Fedex's last pickup was around 7pm....wrong, it's 5:45pm. I arrived at a fedex branch at 6:20 only to find out that I was too late :( I was told that we could drive to the main Fedex building here in Columbia, on the other side of town for their last pickup @ 6:45. Could we make it across town in time? We're gonna try.
As we pulled up to a main intersection, we just happened to be right next to a Fedex van! I was feeling pretty bold & sassy so I rolled down my window & asked the fedex guy if he could take my envelope & mail it for us....He did!
Neil asked, do you trust this guy? Yep, I trust him.
I tracked my package this morning & it was delivered today! How lucky are we????

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was pretty cool about the Fedex driver.

    Congratulations on LOA, you are getting closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you all as you wait for the next step. Thank you for your comment today. Yes we are on the same path... it would be GREAT to all get together in China!!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HURRAH! So so so excited for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you and your family. I'm counting down the days with you, until you have that little blessing in your arms.

    Love and peace,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete