Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finally a Name!

Finally, we all 3 decided on a name for baby Xiang...

Melaina Paige



What do you think?
Isn't she precious?
How did we come up with this? 
Neil's granny's name is Elaine & his sister's name is Manda Page.
I really like Elaine or Lanie but that was vetoed.
So, Melaina Paige it is

The adoption process seems to be going pretty smooth.
Our I800a application was approved (after 70+ days!) recently which is a big step in this process.
This gives us the elgibility to adopt from a foreign country.

The next step is the I800 approval, which approves us to adopt a specific child=Melaina.
This will take approximately 3 weeks.
After I800 approval, we are technically waiting on TA.
There are a few little steps between I800 & TA, but things are much more predictable from here on out.

We hope to travel in 3-4 months, although my agency is saying 3-7 months! 
We'll see....

3 comments:

  1. Love the name. I think it is really cute and different. Can't wait to meet her... love aunt manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had bookmarked your blog, but just "found" it today. LOVE seeing pictures of little Miss Harper. Love the name for your new daughter too! I miss seeing you guys. Hope you're doing well.

    Lisa Zartman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just visiting from Rumor Queen. I think your new little one is at the CWI that our little girl lived in. We just returned to the states with her in late October. She received wonderful care!

    ReplyDelete