Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Preparing...

We finally got the furniture for Harper's room. My sister let us borrow her baby furniture. Her kids have "graduated" to big kid furniture.
Grandma & Grandpa loaded their mini van & made the trip to Columbia for a special home delivery. As my dad says, he's "One Man in a Van" delivery service!
I'm so glad we can use this & not buy new stuff because we aren't sure how long Harper will be in a crib.


Here's my dad & Neil putting together the crib, it seems it was pretty easy to assemble.
The finished product!


There's also a drawer/changing table. I'm still deciding what to do with the walls. I found some really cool wall decals on etsy.com but I need to decide a color theme.
Over time, Bria will be moving to the basement & Harper will move into Bria's current room which is already painted for a little girl.

I painted stripes on her walls a few years ago & added wall decals. It turned out really cute, but it was extremely difficult to do. I quit about 5 times before finally finishing the project. I probably will NEVER do stripes again. Needless to say, I won't be painting over those strips for a long time!

I also bought a white toddler conversion bed which will look really cute in the stripe room.

No comments:

Post a Comment