Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More Photos





What a surprise to open my email Tuesday morning to find updated photos & measurements of Harper. We got these updates from our agency & about 5 new pictures.


I was floored to see her lip had been repaired. We had no idea that China would repair it. It's a relief to know that we don't have to put her through any more trauma when we get home. We can really focus on bonding & establishing a routine.
I'm no expert, but her lip looks very natural, great repair!
As of now, she's 26 lbs & 31 inches tall. Her report said this:

She is very close to people. She can use hand gesture and words to express her needs, the words she says are hard to understand. She can make sounds which are hard to understand to grown-ups. She can say “Dan Dan” and “Jie Jie.” Her words are not very clear when she says Ma Ma. If she wants something, she holds Ma Ma’s hand and walk to the things she wants. She can wave Good-bye, and point to her mouth, nose, eyes etc when asked to do so. Her personality is outgoing & lively.

I'm assuming her cleft palate is affecting her speech, making it difficult to understand her, but, she's only 19 months old.
Notice, in one of the pictures, the one with where she's in front of the building, there's a dog, or something that looks like a dog, in the background. Look at the background in the photos, it's very rural.
We love her so much & can't wait to meet her. Everyday is one day closer to meeting Harper!

13 comments:

  1. I did not notice that dog until I zoomed in. But, sure enough, looks like a little dog to me!

    Harper looks great! Look forward to following your journey and seeing another Baoji girlie come home!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely adorable! Love the name, too! Hope you have a speedy LOA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous and I also love her name. Congrats on getting new pics & updated measurements - they were my lifeline when we were waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great surprise. We also excepted our daughters referral with an unrepaired lip and got updates and surprise it was repaired (that was almost 2 years ago). Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! Congratulations on getting the update and photos! It helps so much with the wait, doesn't it? I am so grateful for the updates and pictures we have gotten during the wait. As a matter of fact, I just compiled them all into a video that is posted on my blog today! It was therapy for me! lol!

    You're right...the repair to Harper's lip looks very natural. I couldn't even tell! She's just beautiful and looks so well taken care of! I saved your blog so I could follow along!

    Hugs and Blessings!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh forgot to tell you, we're with BAAS too! So glad you made the switch! BAAS is wonderful and such a blessing!

    We have an adoption journal that is listed on the sidebar of my blog if you want to read about our process! 8 months from start to finish it should be when we go get our Luke. That is just amazing! Xiaoqing is W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L.!!! :)

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne,
    I'm Anne (with an E), too! We are also with BAAS and hope to be DTC next week. :)

    Harper is just precious! And what a blessing to get new photos! Wishing you a super speedy LOA!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning,

    What a blessing to see your updated pictures! Harper is just adorable and beautiful!!! We are waiting on LOA too... LID 4/15/10. Wishing us both a speedy one!!!

    Blessings!
    Sharon
    (BAAS)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the updated photos! Like Sharon, I was LID with BAAS on 4/15/10, and waiting on LOA. Hoping they come soon for us!

    I'll add you to my Bloglines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne! It's Brittany. I'm so happy to hear about the surgery. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is precious! I hope you get your LOA SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    I found your blog on the cleft yahoo group. We just received a referral a few weeks ago...an 11 month old little girl in the Hunan province. Similar story--the updated pictures we received showed her repaired lip. Exciting, isn't it?! : ) Harper is beautiful....good luck...we're just a bit behind you in the whole waiting-for-the-LOA.
    --Tammia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann
    Love your blog already!
    why do I feel like crying when I see all your entrys and those of your soon-to-be-so-happy other pre/post-adoption blogging friends?

    Just a big sappy grandma! Gimme a klenex will ya?

    ReplyDelete